Trinidad Cross Artifact
Within its collection the Trinidad Museum has an artifact that consists of three individual wood pieces that are believed to be the remnants of the original wood cross erected by the Spanish in 1775. On Permanent Display.
Caleb Whitbeck Painting of Trinidad Bay
Caleb Whitbeck’s 24″ x 36″ enhanced giclee print, “Spanish Discovery of Trindad Bay, California 1775,” is on permanent loan to Trinidad Museum. It is currently on view in the museum’s front entry room.
Ericson Printing Press The printing press on exhibit at the Trinidad Museum once belonged to Augustus William Ericson (1848-1927), a popular photographer and businessman in Humboldt County who lived in Trinidad for a time during the 1870s. Burch Calkins acquired this printing press in order to print and publish Trinidad News and Views from November 1980 to October 1985.
Fresnel Lens from the Trinidad Head Lighthouse The Fresnel Lens on exhibit is a 375 mm. Fifth Order Fresnel drum lens. It had served as the operating lens in the lighthouse from 1947 until 2013 and is on permanent loan to the Trinidad Museum Society from the U.S. Coast Guard.
Redwood Canoe The redwood canoe in the Trinidad Museum was hand-carved from the trunk of a redwood tree by Axel Lindgren Jr., a prominent and well-loved member of the Trinidad community, and a direct descendant of Charles and Eliza Lindgren. Eliza Lindgren was the last recognized medicine woman of Tsurai village. Axel constructed this canoe to educate the community about Yurok life in Tsurai.